Hormone Classes, Signaling Pathways, and Regulatory Mechanisms
In this AudioBrick, we are going to dig into one of the key areas of the endocrine system by learning about hormone classes, signaling pathways, and regulatory mechanisms. We’ll explain how the various classes of hormones are synthesized, how they act, the factors that affect the target cell’s response to hormones, and how the body regulates hormone secretion.
After listening, you should be able to:
- Describe the major classes of hormones on the basis of chemical structure
- Compare and contrast the pathways involving intracellular and cell membrane hormone receptors
- Compare and contrast the cAMP and IP3 signaling pathways
- Describe the common factors affecting target cell response to hormones
- Discuss the stimulation and regulation of hormone secretion
You will get 5 days of full access to our Rx360+ program, including nearly 800 Rx Bricks. After the 5-day period, you will still be able to access over 150 free bricks, including the entire collections for General Microbiology and Cellular and Molecular Biology.
If you enjoyed this episode, we’d love for you to leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps with our visibility, and the more med students (or future med students) listen to the podcast, the more we can provide to the future physicians of the world.
Follow USMLE-Rx at: